Michael Haltman, President of Hallmark Abstract Service, is one of the first members of the Long Island business community to be selected to participate as one of the fighters in the 2013 Long Island Fight for Charity!
The following article appeared in Long Island Newsday recapping the event on November 19, 2012 at the Long Island Hilton at which Michael and the other 7 fighters were announced. In the coming months another 12 to 18 fighters will be selected.
If anyone is interested in participating as a sponsor for Michael he can be reached at email@example.com.
First 8 chosen for 2013 LI charity boxing event
Eight members of the business community now have a little over one year to get in fighting shape for the 10th Long Island Fight for Charity exhibition boxing event.
At a Monday night meeting to preview the charity fight, the organizers revealed the first eight volunteers — chosen from members of the local business community — who will participate in boxing matchups at the event slated to take place Nov. 25, 2013.
About 12 to 16 more volunteer boxers will be announced periodically at preview events leading up to next year’s fight, for a total of 20 to 24 fighters.
The first eight participants’ business backgrounds include manufacturing, the nonprofit sector, real estate and advertising.
One of the volunteer boxers, Kevin Kelly, the chief creative officer at Big Buzz Marketing Group in Melville, said his only disappointment was that the matchup was so far in the future.
“I had boxed a little as a kid and my great grandfather was a pro boxer . . . so it’s in my blood,” Kelly, 45, said. Kelly also participated in the 2012 fight, which took place in March, and said he has continued his training.
Long Island Fight for Charity began in 2003 and has raised over $700,000 for local charities.
The first eight volunteer boxers are:
1. Keith Dawson, of Prudential Douglas Elliman in Patchogue.
2. Anthony Giallanzo, of Ultimate Performance and Fitness in Glen Cove.
3. Michael Haltman, of Hallmark Abstract Service LLC in Woodbury.
4. Joanne Hutchins, of Moms Who Kick Inc.in Bayville.
5. Kevin Kelly, of Big Buzz Marketing Group in Melville.
6. Bill Mabanta, of Lab Crafters in Ronkonkoma.
7. Leaf Steuernagel, of Veteran Landscaping in Bellport.
8. Chris Whittelsey, of NBC Solutions Corp. in Huntington Station.